- Address: Matlock Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1BE
- Contact number: 02045420902 to book boating
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for park/garden queries
- Website: https://www.parklifeboatsbelper.com
These unique riverside gardens have been offering visitors a tranquil setting to view the River Derwent for over 100 years. Located within the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage site adjacent to Strutt's historic North Mill the riverside promenade allows flat easy access to the gardens and riverside.
The beautiful gardens include shrubberies and colourful flowerbeds together with a central bandstand. A new featured play area offers children play facilities inspired by the history of Belper and the cotton mill industry of the world heritage site.
- A well-equipped play area suitable for all ages and has information about the history of the site, the play equipment reflects the historical industry in the area to help children understand heritage in a fun way.
- A dodecahedron bandstand with a timber balustrade and copper roof, built in 1906 is a central feature of the gardens, and is Grade II listed.
- Boating has been an important feature of the gardens since 1905. Rowing boats may be hired in the summer to take a trip along nearly three miles of the river and catch sight of a variety of bird life. Boating on the river is available from mid-May until mid-September from 12 noon Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays only, for a small fee
- Toilets are available on site daily throughout the summer months from the end of March through to the end of October. (For the remainder of the year the toilets will be open when the park keeper is in attendance)
- The Swiss tea rooms have been refurbished and reopened 40 years after the historic former building closed in 1981. An ideal place to have a bite to eat with friends or to relax with a coffee admiring the views of the river
- Beth’s poetry trail which is found around Belper, uses a piece of artwork to depict the chosen poem, there are 22 altogether, 3 of which are situated in the river gardens
- Throughout the summer months there are band concerts and other special events in the grounds
- Awarded Green Flag 2011 - 2023